Note: Some of you guys have probably already heard this since it's been my IM status for the past few days, but my fam hasn't heard the story yet, so here goes... :)
Kayl's actually been eyeing our food for quite some time now and does instinctively open his mouth when I pretend to offer him a spoon. He's not really 6 months yet, but technically past 24 weeks... so figured, why not try some rice cereal and see how he reacts.
So yesterday, I mixed up some formula with some rice cereal. It's all mushy - I wouldn't even consider it solid food. Amusingly enough, he opened his mouth each and every time I offered the spoon and will smack his lips together to try to eat it, but made the same disgusted face each and every time he tasted it. (Gotta give the kid some credit though, rice cereal isn't exactly tasty. I tried a bit too, since I have to understand what I'm putting him through :D) It's a hoot to watch, and I thought he might be ready after all... (sadly no pics.)
Nope. A couple of minutes after we're done, his face started showing red patches, all around his mouth, chin, and eyes. Oh crap... it looked like an allergic reaction.
And to rice, of all things. Imagine that, an Asian kid allergic to rice.
So, we're gonna hold off for a while... and maybe the next time we try, we'll have a camera ready. :)
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Maybe it's the formula, Nick was allergic to formula, so we used the Similac brand. You might try that, I bet it wasn't the cereal he is allergic to.
Love Grammy
Post a Comment